- One 7 oz. jar of marshmallow creme
- 2/3 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 Cup butter (real, salted)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Cups White Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- Mix sugar, milk and butter together in a pan over medium/high heat.
- Stir constantly, heat until it boils and then begin timing.
- Boil for 4 minutes or until it reaches 234 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in marshmallow whip and peanut butter.
- It is better if you have someone to help during this process.
- You need to mix quickly before it sets up.
- Once it is completely blended, stir in the vanilla
- The vanilla will cause the mixture to foam and set up quickly.
- Pour immediately into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Let the fudge sit until cool on the bottom of the pan.
- Put the fudge in the refrigerator so it can finish setting up.
- Once the fudge has completely cooled, remove it from the refrigerator and cut into 3/4″ – 1″ cubes.
Using a thermometer is the best way to determine if you have cooked the sugar, milk, and butter the proper amount. If you cook the sugar, milk, and butter too long (it gets too hot), the fudge gets dry and crumbles. If you don’t cook it long enough (not hot enough), it never quite sets up and stays gooey but it still tastes good.