- 2 1/2 c warm water
- 4 1/2 tsp yeast
- 5 c flour
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp salt (bread needs salt)
- Mix the warm water and yeast in a small bowl and let it set until it starts to foam (proof it).
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add warm water and yeast mixture.
- Combine in a mixer and knead for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Cover bowl with a dish towel or plastic wrap and leave in a warm place to raise until it doubles in size.
- Punch the dough down and roll out on a floured surface until approximately 3/8 off an inch thick.
- Cover dough with softened (not hot) butter.
- Sprinkle surface with cinnamon.
- Add a liberal layer of brown sugar.
- Roll the dough into a log and slice into 1″ slices.
- Place the slices into greased glass baking dishes leaving room for dough to expand.
Cover the dishes and place in a warm place until the rolls raise (30 to 60 minutes depending on temperature).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes or until slightly brown one top.
For frosting, mix powdered sugar and very little water, milk, or flavored coffee creamer and coffee (Aunt Tammy style).