YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 40 MINS
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, cleaned and white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. Swanson Chicken Broth
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Crumbled bacon, for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add leeks and cook until golden, 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add potato and cauliflower to pot and season with salt and pepper. Add broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes and cauliflower are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and, using an immersion blender, blend mixture until smooth. (Alternatively, let soup cool slightly, then ladle into a blender.)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then ladle into bowls and garnish with chives and bacon before serving.