Ingredients – Bowl 1:
- 1/2 c flour
Ingredients – Bowl 2:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon milk or water
InGREDIENTS – BOWL 3:
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/2 c Plain bread crumbs
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and liquid in a second shallow bowl.
- Mix the bread crumbs and spices in a third shallow bowl.
- Designate one hand as a “dry hand” and one hand as a “wet hand”. If you don’t, your hand will collect flour and bread crumbs and begin to look like The Thing from the Fantastic Four.
- Use the dry hand to dredge the the chicken strips in the flour.
- Shake off any excess flour.
- Drop the chicken strip in the egg mixture.
- Retrieve the chicken strip with the wet hand.
- Let any excess egg mixture drip off the chicken strip.
- Drop the chicken strip into the bread mixture.
- Use your dry hand to toss the mixture over the chicken strip and to press the bread mixture into the chicken strip.
- Place the chicken strip on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper to dry for a few minutes or refrigerate for a few hours before cooking in hot oil.
- Fry the strips in 350 to 375 degree oil.
- Place the strips on a cookie sheet, covered with paper towels and an upside-down cake rack to cool (Alton Brown trick).