Adapted from a recipe at Food52 (a great site for good recipes)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups (approximately 1/2 lb.) freshly grated Parmagiano Reggiano cheese.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- 2 teaspoons Kosher or sea salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper.
- 16 oz. uncooked (8 cups cooked) cooked angel hair or spaghetti pasta. If you are using smaller pasta like elbow macaroni, use 4 cups uncooked. If you are using fresh pasta, multiply quantities by 1.6.
- Optional – 1.5 – 2 cups of pre-cooked, diced chicken, lobster or your favorite meat or vegetable.
- Heat the butter and the cream together in a saucepan over low heat until.combined (stirring frequently).
- Stir in the cheese (a little at a time).
- Add chicken broth.
- Continue cooking for 20-25 minutes until the sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Toss with hot cooked pasta.
- Stir in meat (optional)
- Garlic Infused Butter
- Sharp Ceddar for Mac and Cheese
- Topped with grated lemon zest.
- Topped with chopped parsley.