Skip to content
- 2 sticks of salted butter (1 cup), softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups raw oats/Quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups of salted caramel chips (10 oz bag)
- extra salt for topping (optional-I didn’t use it)
- Cream together butter & sugar with a mixer.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix: flour, salt, baking soda & oatmeal.
- Slowly combine dry ingredients into your wet mixture (I just used a wooden spoon/spatula).
- The mixture will be too thick to mix in the mixer at this point so we roll it out onto a silpat or parchment paper and knead in the caramel chips with our hands.
- Form tablespoon sized balls with dough onto a silicone baking mat or parchment paper lined baking pan/sheet.
- Flatten dough balls with palm of your hand or back of spoon.
- Bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes or untll slightly golden brown.
- Transfer to cooling rack and sprinkle with additional salt if desired.