This recipe is just OK. It takes a lot of work and it is difficult to taste the pears and other ingredients.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 grinds black pepper
- 1 Bosc pear, halved lengthwise and cored
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped coarsely
- Juice of 1/2 large lemon
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place the prepared brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and pour on the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Mix with clean hands.
- Place the pear halves, cut sides-down, on the baking sheet, making sure there is enough oil to coat their cut surfaces.
- Roast the brussels sprouts and pear for about 20 minutes.
- Then turn the brussels sprouts with a metal spatula so that both sides will get caramelized.
- Check the pear — it many not be caramelized at this point.
- After another 10 minutes, turn the brussels sprouts again.
- Flip the pear.
- Reduce the oven heat to 375° F.
- Add the pistachios — you just want to heat them up and toast them slightly.
- After 5 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Squeeze lemon juice directly over all the ingredients.
- Use your spatula to chop up the pear halves.
- Toss everything thoroughly, check the seasoning, and serve on a platter or in a bowl.