This recipe is enough for a 4 – 5 lb Pork Loin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Grind larger spices (pepper flakes, etc.).
- Mix spices.
- Place rub on meat and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight before cooking or smoking.