Substitute Lemon Juice for half (or more) of the acid to add a taste twist. Lemon Juice is actually more acidic than white vinegar so this substitution is safe.
- 1 pound fresh vegetables (cucumbers, carrots, green beans, summer squash, cherry tomatoes)
- 2 Tablespoons Dill Seed (if you grind it slightly, it really increases the flavor and you could use less)
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic (or 12 cloves, minced)
- 2 Jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped) or 2 Tablespoons of minced jalapenos.
- 1 cup vinegar, such as white, apple cider, or rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt or 2 teaspoons pickling salt
- Cover and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes
- Cool before using.