Skip to content
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (separate green tops from white onion)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock or broth
- 1 Tablespoons Knorr Chicken Bullion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- (optional) 1/4 cup creamed corn (with juice)
- Whisk the eggs in a glass measuring cup until smooth. Set aside.
- Slice the onions.
- Slice the white portion as thin as you can.
- Slice the green portions about 1/8″ thick and set aside to add as a garnish.
- Place the oil and onions in a medium sauce pan.
- Heat the onions on medium until they become soft and slightly translucent (not brown).
- Add the soy sauce.
- Add the stock, bullion, cornstarch, ginger, garlic powder, black pepper, and corn.
- Whisk together stirring occasionally.
- Bring the soup to a rolling boil and remove from heat.
- Stir the soup with the whisk or a spoon until it swirls in the pan.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the swirling soup. This should create long ribbons of cooked egg.
- NOTE: It is important that you do not stir the mixture while you add the egg or you will cause them to break apart too much.
- Ladle into a bowl and garnish with green onion tops.