Tahini is a paste form of roasted sesame seeds (similar to a runny peanut butter).
I make tahini in the blender. The blender is better for small quantities than the food processor.
- 1 cup hulled sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (canola in a pinch)
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Toast the sesame seeds in a large fry pan over medium heat, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. When you can smell the roasted seeds and they become light brown, pour them out onto a baking sheet to cool.
- When the seeds are completely cooled, process them in a blender for 60 seconds until they come together in a course dough.
- Add the oil and process for about 3 minutes.
- When the Tahini is smooth, it is done.