It takes a long time to make refried beans for a huge group. We decided to buy #10 cans (7 lbs.) of La Preferida refried beans at the restaurant supply. They we pretty bland. If you add the following ingredients to a #10 can, they become decent.
INGREDIENTS TO FIX A #10 (7lb) CAN:
- 4 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3.66 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Bulk Mix for #10 cans.
I don’t recommend mixing the dry and the liquids ahead of time because they will just stick to the container.
If you need to prepare the ingredients in bulk:
- The dry mix would equal 2 Tablespoons per #10 can.
- The wet ingredients would be 5 Tablespoons per can.
We also used this on a smaller, 32 oz. can and we liked it.
INGREDIENTS TO FIX A 32 oz. can:
- 1 teaspoons Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar