I got this from an old southern church cookbook and I am anxious to try it.
- 1.5 – 2 lb thick-sliced bacon (each slice cut in half)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons dry mustard
- 3 Tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1.5 cups saltine crackers (crushed) or cracker meal
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix vinegar, eggs, mustard and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl.
- Place cracker crumbs in separate shallow container.
- Dip bacon in liquid mixture.
- Dredge both sides in cracker meal.
- Bake flat on a foil-lined, ungreased jelly-roll pan for 45 minutes until bacon is crisp.