Mexicali chicken and rice casserole
- 14.5 oz. Chicken Broth
- 10.5 oz. can of corn, drained
- 4 oz. Diced Green Chilis
- 3/4 Cup uncooked white rice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 chicken cut into pieces (skin removed)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large pot until hot
- Add onions, bell pepper and garlic
- Cook until tender
- Add beans, tomatoes, broth, chilis, corn, rice, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine
- Pour into greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish
- Combine flour, garlic salt, and paprika in a gallon bag and shake to mix
- Coat chicken and place chicken pieces on rice. Press lightly into the rice.
- Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake at 375 for 60 – 75 minutes until juices run clear from the chicken.
- Remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes until brown.