Skip to content
- Cold, unsalted butter, for ramekins
- Sugar, for dusting ramekins
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 cup (220g) sugar
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 eggwhites
- Preheat oven to 355°F.
- Brush 4 x ¾ cup-capacity ramekins with butter
- Dust rammekins with sugar and place on a baking sheet.
- Place the water, sugar and cream of tartar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 6–8 minutes or until light golden.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Wipe he wire whip and bowl of and electric mixer with lemon juice to degrease it.
- Place the eggwhites in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar mixture and beat until thick and glossy.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekins
- Bake for 10 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately (within 5 minutes of removing from oven)